Court Housing Eviction Landlord/Tenant Portal (courtHELP)
courtHELP is a user friendly, voluntary, convenient, free web-based portal that assists both landlords and tenants in eviction cases to resolve disputes through an Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) process with/or without court mediators. Parties will be able to use a computer, phone, or mobile device to engage in immediate settlement discussions, increase participation, and help parties reach an agreement and eliminate the need to appear in court.
The parties will be able to access the Court, Clerk of the Courts services, the Circuit's Mediation Division, and link to community resources. Through courtHELP you can choose to negotiate directly with the landlord and/or request the involvement of a mediator who will help you both develop options for resolving this matter. You can exchange messages, upload/download documents, sign agreements and generate court forms online.
To use this service, you must:
- Have a pending (open) residential eviction/landlord and tenant case filed against you in Miami-Dade County on or after September 3.
- Agree to the terms listed in the Agreement to Mediate during the registration process.
- Have an active email address.
- Have access to a smartphone, tablet and/or computer with access to the internet.
How to Register:
You will need the case number and your name as it is listed on the document you received from the court to register. Check if your case is eligible, by entering your case number in the space provide below.
courtHELP can be helpful in the following scenarios:
- If you agree you owe the plaintiff money and you agree on the amount owed, courtHELP can help you set up a payment plan.
- If you believe you have paid the full amount owed, courtHELP will allow you to upload proof of payment and supporting documentation.
- If you agree you owe the plaintiff money but disagree about the amount, courtHELP will allow you to enter the amount owed and upload documentation to resolve the amount owed.
- If you have the full amount to pay, courtHELP can link you to the court registry deposit site and COC payment fees.
- If you are unable to pay but need more time to move out, courtHELP can facilitate the completion of a move out plan for approval.
If you are unable to participate in the online process, visit the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Landlord/Tenant Resource Center
Miami-Dade County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
Miami-Dade County, as well as partner organizations, have developed resident and business assistance programs to help those affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19). For more information and to access Miami-Dade County's emergency rental assistance program (ERAP), click here
Axis Helps Partnerships
Axis Helps and Miami Homes for All are working together to bring Miami-Dade residents the information and resources they need to safely stay in their homes. For more information on housing assistance from Axis Helps, click here
Search to Get Started